Who likes a bit of ethical fashion? I definitely do. It’s nice knowing that your clothes aren’t the result of some poor child slaving away in a factory somewhere. (Not to mention the actual clothing quality is normally better)
If you’re looking to fill up your wardrobe for spring, a good place to start would be Enter Shikari frontman Rou Reynolds’ clothing line ‘Step Up’. Focusing on fair trade and organic cotton, plus some items having up to 50% of profits going to Amnesty International, it’s a pretty guilt free shopping trip.
Have a look for yourselves here.
Carrying on the Aiden theme from yesterday, today I’m lusting after some amazing custom made rock’n’roll themed jackets from none other than Aiden guitarist Nick Wiggins (also known as Zombie Nicholas). Sadly we’ve missed out on the 50% off sale over Christmas (but I think these are pretty much worth the price anyway).
Check out this cute looking denim jacket:
There’s many more jackets, vests and t-shirts available on his website here. To place an order, contact Nick at CustomRockNRoll@gmail.com
Is anyone’s wallet feeling a bit heavy after yesterday? Don’t worry, I’ve trawled through the best sites, to find the sales you’ll definitely want to get in on (while there’s still some decent things left!).
– Schuh have quite a lot of discounted converse and vans. Plus its free delivery. Nice.
– Play.com have a price crash, with cds going for around £4.99.. Anyone fancy the new Gaslight Anthem album?
– Rolo Tomassi have 10% off with the code ‘2012’
– Grindstore have a sale on, with varying levels of discounts. It’s not bad actually, but for converse I’d stick to Schuh.
– Attitude Clothing have an ‘up to half price’ sale. Mostly jeans. And tights. And a black Christmas tree if you want to stock up for next year?
– Blue Banana have ‘up to 75% off’. If you read the small print, they call it an ‘emo clothing sale’. Well, can’t argue with that.
– The Night of the Living Thread have a sale on, if you need some more cushions / bunting / hair clips in your life.
P.S. Apologies that these are mostly UK based!
P.P.S I wanted to put Lush in here, but the site is so busy it’s not even working. Go into the store instead?